Allow us to point out a few key truths about "America as we know it," which this young man's unionized teachers apparently overlooked during his school years:
- Our Founders, in writing the United States Constitution, actually created a representative republic. Our national government is not, and never has been, a democracy.
- Thomas Jefferson famously expressed his disdain for democracy: "Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51 percent of the people may take away the rights of the other 49."
- The 17th Amendment discarded the Founders' wisdom of having state legislatures elect US Senators, in favor of direct elections. This has proven to be an unwise step toward democracy.
- The United States, as most Americans know it, is not a statist society where the government knows best and controls all. A better example of this would be the USSR - a fine example of how socialism and communism always fail. The United States, by contrast, is a place where liberty and freedom exist, including rights to free speech, association, and religion. Or at least they did, before Barack Hussein Obama became President.
- The Federal government is actually prohibited by our founding documents from encroaching upon our God-given rights. The 10th Amendment clearly prohibits the Federal government from doing about 95% of what it is involved in today.